Own the visual design that defines Songbird (desktop application) and getsongbird.com as well as art direction and brand identity for the company. Work directly with product management, interaction designers, and engineers to improve Songbird and all of Songbird's web presences for new users, casual visitors as well as our existing active users.
The ideal profile
You are an experienced visual designer who thinks strategically and delivers pixel-level detail. You have a passion for visually defining a brand. You can successfully apply your vision to a wide variety of projects that the company produces (and mediums that it works within).
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design iterations.
- Quickly understand the constraints of a design challenge and identify the tradeoffs.
- Communicate your design thinking via thorough specifications and reviews. Produce design deliverables that are easily accessible by anyone in the company.
- Monitor visual design consistency across all projects: layouts, color palettes, typography, iconography, etc.
- Deliver visual design solutions that align with the user needs for Web Development (getsongbird.com) and Desktop Software Engineering (Songbird) projects.
- Provide feedback to the product development process and contribute to prioritizing work.
- Produce graphic deliverables for marketing, developer communications, presentations at conferences and high profile meetings.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- 3+ years visual design experience on Web and/or desktop applications.
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or Visual Arts.
- Academic background in human factors/ergonomics, cognitive science, psychology or HCI a plus.
- Proven ability to define problems and solutions individually and with teams.
- Experience creating or maintaining visual interface guidelines highly desired.
- Technical skills that will allow you to implement shippable code a plus but not necessary.
This position reports to the Director of Product.
You are preferably located near San Francisco, California.
Compensation and Relocation
Pioneers of the Inevitable, Inc. has created a competitive compensation and equity package. Relocation assistance is designed on a per case basis. In short, we'll be creative to get you here.
If you have the eggs to join us, please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject "Your name – Visual Designer – via GetSongbird.com" to email@example.com. You must include a portfolio that shows deliverables you directly worked on. All communication and correspondence is held in the strictest confidence to ensure that you can connect and learn more without exposure.