Design user experiences that define Songbird (desktop application) and getsongbird.com (web sites and web apps). Work with product management, visual design, and engineers to create natural, intuitive, and visually appealing user interfaces.
The ideal profile
You are an experienced user-centered designer focused on interaction design for desktop application and the web. You have a talent for understanding users and identifying their needs so that you can design and document solutions to real-life problems.
- Apply user-centered design principles to interactions that define the behavior of Songbird and getsongbird.com.
- Work closely with product management to define product direction and user interface requirements.
- Design and document interaction models, workflows, information architectures, and user interfaces.
- Work closely with visual design to create natural, intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Quickly understand the constraints of a design challenge and identify the tradeoffs.
- Design and coordinate usability tests and other user experience research.
- Iterate on designs based on the results of usability testing and feedback from engineering.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- 3+ years user experience design on Web and desktop applications
- Educated in design, HCI and usability (or ability to display formal understanding of theory and practices)
- Demonstrated mastery of user experience design principles and solid interaction design skills
- Visual design skills a plus.
- Experience conducting user testing highly desired
This position reports to the Director of Product.
You are preferably located near San Francisco, California.
Compensation and Relocation
Pioneers of the Inevitable, Inc. has created a competitive compensation and equity package. Relocation assistance is designed on a per case basis. In short, we'll be creative to get you here.
If you have the eggs to join us, please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject "Your name – Interaction Designer – via GetSongbird.com" to email@example.com. Please include a portfolio or URL's of web sites that you directly worked on. All communication and correspondence is held in the strictest confidence to ensure that you can connect and learn more without exposure.